- Go to the control panel and open printers
- Click on Add a printer
- Click on Add a Local Printer
- Choose Create a New Port with type of port remaining Local Port, then click Next
- In the Port Name box type the path to the printer you wish to connect to and Click Ok (Ex - \\computer\printer)
- In the Install Printer Driver screen, select your printer from the list or choose Have Disk and specify the location of the printer drivers on the computer then click Next and then click Finish.
- The printer is now installed in the Printers window
- Now try to print using test print.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
One of the errors in Windows Vista happens when you try to connect to a shared network printer. Everything else on the network appears to work properly, shared files, internet access, but Most of the time you'll receive an "Access is Denied" error when trying to connect even though you can see the printer on the network and everything else is working properly.try below method as a solution