- Click start, click run
- Type shutdown -i and press enter
- This will open "Remote Shutdown Dialog" window
- Now click on "Add" button to add computer
- In the "add computers" dialog box type the name or IP address of the computer
- Click ok
- Now in the "Remote Shutdown Dialog" window, select the action under "What do you want these computers to do" (you can also set warning message for users and set the duration of of warning message in seconds)
- Now select the option that describes the reason to shutdown or restart the computer (also you can add comment)
- Click ok after you done, then users will see a "System Shutdown Windows" with time and comments that you set.
Friday, October 9, 2009
Windows xp has this amazing feature allows you to shutdown, restart or log-off pc's from single location.this tip is very useful for you, if you are a Network Administrator. after configuring this you don't have to shutdown or restart pc's one by one. to perform this make sure computers are connected directly or to network. follow these steps.