- login to the windows
- insert the Windows CD into your CD drive
- Click Start and click Run
- Type the following command
- X:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons (where X: is the CD Drive letter), and then press ENTER on your keyboard. Note - There is a space before /cmdcons
- Click OK and follow the instructions to finish Setup. Note - This adds the Windows Recovery Console to the Windows Startup folder.
- Restart your computer and select the Recovery Console option from the list of available operating systems.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
If your computer starts Windows, you can add the Windows XP Recovery Console as a startup option from the Windows environment. To install the Recovery Console as a startup option, follow these steps: