above is real world problem, (i personally had this one & find the solution) details as follows.
inorder to do things right, you have to do some configurations in server, follow these steps
- log in to the server
- open " group policy " (start > run > type gpedit.msc & press enter
- under " computer configuration " navigate to windows settings > security settings > local policies > user right assignment
- in the right side look for the " shutdown the system " (look at the bottom)
- double click to open
- now add the remote user account to the list, (if stores manager uses " stores " user account to login to the server, add that account to the list.)
- click apply & ok
- now you have to do is restart server or update group policy without restart
after complete above steps successfully , the specified user account (our stores manager) can shutdown remote server using his remote desktop.