- Open registry editor (start>run>type regedit> press enter)
- Navigate to key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
- In the right pane double click AutoEndTasks and enter value 1 in the "value data field"
- Now in the same side open WaitToKillAppTimeout and enter value 3500 in the field (default value is 20000)
- Close the registry editor and restart pc changes to go into effect.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
When windows xp shutting down it takes some time to close running programs, you can reduce this time by editing some of registry key, here's how to do it.