"Microsoft Office 2007 encountered an error during setup. The Windows Installer service cannot update one or more protected Windows files"
you know there is a solution for you, this one is a quick method and results are guaranteed.please do as follows.
- first insert your windows installation CD to CD-ROM
- go to the I386 folder and locate the Cab file named FP40EXT.CAB
- copy the cab file to the hard disk
- now extract the cab file
- in the extracted folder find the fp4autl.dll file
- now copy this file to the following location
- C:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\web server extensions\40\bin\
- that's it, now restart your office 2007 installation.