for example - printer is installed to windows xp and shared, then you want to install the printer to windows vista pc, while installation it can be stop for driver incompatibility, this can be fixed in a small way.
- first download the printer driver compatible to vista
- then install printer in add printer wizard, and specify drivers in have disk option
- complete the installation
- now go to the network shared printer
- right click on printer and click connect
- this will install printer to the system, and drivers that compatible to vista is automatically identified.
- in this way you can use network shared printer between different operating systems.