- Click start, and click run
- In there type gpedit.msc to open group policy editor
- Go to Computer Configuration / Administrative Templates / System / System Restore
- Set Turn off System Restore and Turn off Configuration to Disable
- Right click on My Computer
- Select Manage
- Go to Services and Applications / Services
- Scroll down to System Restore Service
- Set it for Automatic
- Click on the Start button to start the service
- Close the window
- Go back to the Group Policy Editor and configure both to Not configured
- Then right click my computer, click properties
- You will see now there is a system restore tab and you can configure how much space to use for the process.
Friday, August 7, 2009
to re-enable system restore through the Group Policy Editor, follow these steps.