- Insert the Windows XP CD into your CD drive and restart your computer. If you are prompted, select any options required to start (boot) from the CD.
- When the text-based part of Setup begins, follow the prompts. Select the repair or recover option by pressing R.
- If you have a dual-boot or multiboot system, select the installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
- When you are prompted, type the Administrator password.
- At the command prompt, type Recovery Console commands, you want to use.
- At any time, you can type Help for a list of available commands.
- At any time, you can type Help command name for help on a specific command. For example, you can type help attrib to display the help on the attributes command.
- At any time, you can exit Windows Recovery Console by typing Exit at the command line.
Thursday, July 16, 2009
If you have not preinstalled the Windows Recovery Console, you can start the computer and use the Recovery Console directly from your original Windows XP installation disc.to start recovery console from CD follow these steps.