" Explorer.exe unable to locate component. This application has failed to start because Browseui.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"
and also your desktop icons, Start menu, and taskbar are NOT displayed.this may happens corrupt system files,dll file or can be virus infection,there are several methods you can try to overcome this problem.
caution - to resolve this issue you must have some advanced knowledge about windows xp.
lets try this simple method, first you need to run command, i know thats sounds crazy, you might wonder without getting to desktop how may i open run command, lets just say although you havent got desktop you can get task manager (by pressing alt + ctrl + delete) in there click new task, then you can get run command.in there type the following command
sfc /scannow (note that there is a space after sfc)
and you need to provide windows xp installation cd, now continue the process, after completion of process restart windows and check the problem,if this doesnt solve problem, try method 2
- start your computer in safe mode with command prompt (to go safe mode with command prompt press F8 after bios information dispalyed, then selection menu displayed, now select safe mode with command prompt and press enter)
- Select the operating system that you want to start in Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter.
- now insert the Windows XP installation CD to CD-ROM
- At the command prompt, type CD /D %SystemRoot%\System32
- Type ren browseui.dll browseui.old and press Enter. Ignore any error messages when appeared
and press Enter, where is the drive letter, followed by a colon, of the CD/DVD drive
- Type expand Browseui.dl_ %SystemRoot%\System32\Browseui.dll and press Enter
- Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and select Shut Down using the TAB key. Press Enter
- Use the arrow keys to select Restart and press Enter
- After pc restarts and your desktop appears, open Windows Explorer and Internet Explorer. If you receive Explorer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close or Iexplorer.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close, press More Information to verify the module name. If the module is Browseui.dll:
- open command prompt
- Type regsvr32 /s /u browseui.dll and press Enter
- Now Type regsvr32 /s browseui.dll and press Enter
- Shutdown and restart your computer