below steps is about how to activate permissions tab in windows xp
- go to the folder option
- click view tab
- scroll to the bottom and find '' use simple file sharing ''
- if it already selected uncheck '' simple file sharing ''
- click apply and ok
permissions (from lowest to highest)
- read - open folder and its sub folders,open files inside them
- list folder content - arrange the sub folders and files and traverse in that folder
- read and execute - to execute executable files in that folder (eg - exe,bat)
- write - edit files, create sub folder and files in that folder,paste files to folder copied or moved from another location.
- modify - delete folder and its sub content.
- full control - managing inheritance , take ownership , set permissions.